Subscribe now to get the latest updates, news, videos and pictures of the Movie for FREE!!!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, December 12, 2008

Transformers 2 Trailer: Not Until February

Watch TV on PC - 12,000 TV Channels and Movies

Michael Bay Transformers 2It looks like we may finally have some clue as to when the first trailer will hit for one of the most anticipated films of 2009: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It’s looking like at the earliest, we won’t be seeing a trailer until February 1, 2009.

Screen Rant is known for not being the biggest supporter of last year’s summer megahit, Transformers, but I for one am not as negative towards it as most of the SR team. Although the film had its obvious flaws and weaknesses, I enjoyed it overall, especially seeing the second time and onwards.

After my first viewing I was very picky and negative towards the movie but after that, seeing it again allowed me to take it all in and focus on everything rather than the bad parts. That allowed me to look past a few of the issues and I could enjoy the good parts more. And there certainly are some awesome parts – those are the ones that stick out in memory as months go by. And isn’t that was a good flick should do?

It was not the best thing ever, but it had the potential to be. I’d probably give it a 6.5/10 if I had to rate it and it loses a few points for some awful characters and dialogue, among other problems we’ve all gone over before. I don’t get why they put such ridiculous characters in the film when they don’t need to – the selling point is the giant robots, not the secondary actors. But that’s neither here nor there now and it’s time to move forward in anticipation of the sequel.

Back to the story now - Michael “Explosions” Bay took the time to give a little update on his official site and it went something like this:

“Hey everyone. Back from Egypt and Jordan - we had a wonderful shoot over there. I will miss the crew they were an amazing bunch of people and a lot of fun.”

“I’m stuck in the edit room up to my eye balls - also finished producing Friday the 13th and The Unborn - coming out the after the new year. Our trailer for Transformers [2] you have been asking about - First there will be a teaser poster soon after the new year, and the teaser trailer will be out either in the theaters early Feb. or on the Superbowl. Cannot decide yet. I’m going to release some set stills on this site in a few weeks. I’ll keep you informed. Going back to do more selects now from my portable avid that I take home from work. It’s late, see you.”

A little typo here and there, but that’s okay – it’s just a forum. What’s important here are the potential dates for the trailer, which many (like me) are wildly anticipating. Super Bowl XLIII takes place on February 1st so that would make it only 8-9 weeks away which is pretty soon. Bay also mentions it could be in theatres sometime in early February so we’re pretty much assured we’ll be getting the trailer within 2 months.

I can see them doing both and having a full trailer appear attached to some theatrical feature in February and doing a Superbowl spot. This year, Iron Man ran a TV spot during the insanely popular sporting event and it generated a pile of hype.

Wouldn’t it be sweet if they attached it to Fanboys? It would sure increase that movie’s box-office take.

Last month I wrote about Bay finishing up principal photography on Revenge of the Fallen and about some possible spoilers. It could just be misinformation and I really hope it is. If you want to know what I mean and want to be spoiled, check that article out.

Are you psyched for the trailer like me?

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen brings back Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel and John Turtorro and it hits theaters everwhere on June 26, 2009.

Source: Michael Bay

Article Source

Watch TV on PC - 12,000 TV Channels and Movies

No comments: